COVID-19 Update: Following increased and overwhelming concerns about COVID-19, JTB has made the difficult decision to cancel its in-person programming this summer. This decision was made with an abundance of caution and most importantly, concern for the health and safety of JTB’s scholars, volunteers, and staff. Please read the full release here.
The Middle School Law Camp is a fun, educational, and interactive program that allows students to spend THREE DAYS involved in legal experiences that will bring them to a law school, law firms, and local courts in the city of Chicago!
The program is FREE to all students, with public transportation passes available to students who express a need.* Housing is NOT provided.
Students who participate in the MSLC will:
- Study the legal system and how it works alongside attorney and judge volunteers;
- Build leadership and teamwork skills;
- Analyze selected cases, debate legal issues and participate in both a mock trial and an oral argument;
- Gain an understanding of the real-life aspects of practicing law at a law firm or corporation;
- Develop contacts with legal professionals and organizations that provide scholarships, internships and mentors; and
- Receive guidance about the college admissions process and financial aid resources.