The Middle School Law Camp is a fun, educational, and interactive program that allows students to spend THREE DAYS involved in legal experiences that will bring them to a law school, law firms, and local courts in the city of Chicago!
The program is FREE to all students, with public transportation passes available to students who express a need.* Housing is NOT provided.
Students who participate in the MSLC will:
- Study the legal system and how it works alongside attorney and judge volunteers;
- Build leadership and teamwork skills;
- Analyze selected cases, debate legal issues and participate in both a mock trial and an oral argument;
- Gain an understanding of the real-life aspects of practicing law at a law firm or corporation;
- Develop contacts with legal professionals and organizations that provide scholarships, internships and mentors; and
- Receive guidance about the college admissions process and financial aid resources.